The Cell Fitness Panel Kit is designed for researchers interested in acquiring data on cell sample health and quality.
Many samples in cellular therapy, immunotherapy, and cell line development, are by their nature unique and precious. Patient-derived primary samples are often comprised of a heterogeneous cell population and display a wide range of physiological behaviors. Whether these samples underwent a freeze/thaw cycle, or cell isolation procedure, or have been cultured within a bioreactor for an extended period, the Cell Fitness Panel is used to assess not only the wellbeing of cell samples but also to offer potential insights into samples with low or crashing viabilities.
The Cell Fitness Panel consists of five individual tests to assess viability, vitality, mid and late-stage apoptosis, and reactive oxidative stress.
ViaStain Cell Fitness Panel Reagents
To determine cellular health, the kit contains five individual tests:
- More accurate than trypan blue
- No red blood cell (RBC) lysis needed
- Measure cell viability and concentration of nucleated cells in a single step
Kit provides Acridine orange / Propidium iodide
- Identify the number of enzymatically active cells vs the number of dead cells in a population
- Rapid conversion from non-fluorescing calcein–AM to a brightly fluorescing signal in healthy cells
Kit provides Calcein AM/PI
- Classic apoptosis marker, annexin V/PI, measures percent live, annexin V positive, and necrotic cells
- Optimized workflow for rapid staining, imaging, and data analysis
Kit provides Annexin V/PI
- Detection of an activated executioner protein Caspase 3/7 is a strong indicator poor cell health
- The bright green nuclear fluorescent signal is quickly and easily detected in unhealthy cells
Kit provides Caspase 3
- Accumulation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) can result in cell damage and death
- The bright green fluorescent signal can be an early indication of an in trouble culture
Kit provides ROS-Total